City Acupuncture – your health clinic in Wellington
Welcome to City Acupuncture City Acupuncture is your Traditional Chinese Medicine Clinic on Featherston Street in Wellington. Hello, my name is Janine Nana and I am a trained, qualified and registered Acupuncturist who holds a Bc.Sc.Acup. I am also an ACC treatment provider, and a member of the Fertility Acupuncture and Childbirth Team (FACT). Whether you are trying to prevent disease, improve your health, improve fertility, manage pain or if you wish for adjunctive care for illnesses you are attempting to treat with conventional medicine. I can help you meet your health and wellbeing objectives through the effective use of acupuncture and other Traditional Chinese techniques.
Acupuncture - How does it work? Acupuncture is the insertion of very fine needles at specific points on the body. Acupuncture needles are a physical stimulus, and when they are detected by the human body, a response is generated by the body via the central nervous system and the brain. This response may include the release of hormones, endorphins, or other natural chemicals that stimulate the intrinsic healing abilities of the body for a wide variety of disorders both psychological and physical. For more information about Acupuncture, click here. Some of the conditions we treat are…
- Sporting injuries – can be really annoying and frustrating. Acupuncture is effective for the relaxation of the muscles, for the relief of inflammation and in the healing process for cartilage and ligaments.
- Women’s Health – For periods through to menopause.
- Neurological conditions – Bell’s palsy, Dizziness and headaches.
- Eye conditions – Such as itchy, sore, red or watery eyes. Conjunctivitis may also be treatable with acupuncture.
- Genetic Testing – is conducted via SmartDna in Australia.
- Musculoskeletal disorders – respond well to acupuncture.
- Digestive system disorders – Such as IBS, pain and bloating.
- Psychological conditions – Such as depression, emotional disturbances, nervousness, stress, anxiety and phobias.
- Urogenital disorders – Urinary tract infections and candida/thrush.
- Cardiovascular disorders – High or low blood pressure.
Fertility I have a particular interest and passion in fertility. I have devoted nearly all of my postgraduate study to the field of fertility. I have put together some information to help you learn about some of the ways that acupuncture can help with fertility issues for both men and women. Research has shown that acupuncture increases blood flow to the uterus and ovaries, regulates the hormones involved in follicular development and implantation, and reduces stress and anxiety. In men it can increase the number of normal sperm. Fertility issues that I deal with include:
- Sperm function
- Treating women
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
For more information about Fertility, click here.
Nutrition Fertility Nutrition and Supplements Nutrition plays an important role in achieving healthy fertility, enjoying a healthy pregnancy, and most importantly a healthy baby. While eating a healthy diet is important at all stages throughout life, amidst pregnancy it is of vital importance. Nutritional deficiencies have been linked to hormonal problems such as ovulation issues, poor egg health and low sperm count. During pregnancy, nutritional needs are higher, and meeting those needs will have a positive effect on the health of both the mother and her unborn child. The effects of good nutrition while the fetus is developing during pregnancy and breast feeding will last for a lifetime. Think of good fertility supplements as a backup plan that ensures you are getting the nutrition you don’t get from your diet. For more information, click here.
Pregnancy Acupuncture is an effective, safe and increasingly popular drug free method for treating you throughout your pregnancy. Acupuncture can help with issues that you treated with drugs or conventional medicine prior to becoming pregnant – thrush, hay fever or depression for example. Or it may help with pregnancy ailments such as carpal tunnel syndrome, nausea, varicose veins, oedema, rib or pubic synthesis pain. Our pregnancy car extends to:
- Those with a history of previous miscarriage
- Turning babies from posterior or breach position
- Pre-birth treatments
- Acupuncture inductions
- Postnatal acupuncture
- Crying a lot?
For more information about the best services for your needs or to organise an appointment - just give us a call!
Acupuncture, Cupping, Natural Fertility Management, Nutrition, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), Womens Health