Are you tired of going to your doctor to have them say “all your tests are fine”, but you still do not feel the best YOU?
Anita is here to HELP YOU.
Who Am I?
My name is Anita Bhikha-Willan; I am a qualified Naturopath, Medical Herbalist, Massage Therapist and practicing Pharmacist. I have a passion to help people and love to combine it with my passion for food and gardening.
A practising Pharmacist with over 20 years experience, in both retail and hospital pharmacies and more recently a Pharmacist at Weleda NZ Ltd. Over these years, the reliance on the ‘take a drug for this ailment’ prescribed by our current medical system and not getting to the underlying cause has lead Anita to finding a more natural approach to helping disease management and more importantly preventative medicine and optimal health.
Anita brings a wealth of life experience in the medical field and can work alongside your currently health care practitioner to bring you optimal health, wellness and vitality.
Currently studying Functional Blood Chemistry Analysis, this involves analysing blood tests to ensure you are in optimal health and helps find dysfunction within organs before disease symptoms appear. Lifestyle medication at this time can help steer the body back to great health and away from disease.
Focuses on helping the body restore balance to help treat illnesses, and return to optimal health. Our bodies want to heal, but we have to give them the tools they need to restore function. These tools include food as medicine, nutritional supplements if needed, exercise and restoration techniques to help the energy flow. Prevention is encouraged!
From teas, compresses and tinctures (liquid plant extracts) to topical creams, plant medicines can help assist the body to restore function. These are often prescribed for short courses to help the body kick start the healing process and each person’s herbal prescription is tailor made to their requirements.
Have you found that you eat a meal and want to curl up in a ball an hour or two later? Food needs to be broken down before we can absorb the nutrients before they can be used to help fuel our body. Digestion plays a key role in restoring health before it can provide optimal energy.
Allergy and Food Intolerance Testing
With allergy and food sensitivities are becoming more common, helping to identify and remove these foods or food-like products can reduce inflammation, brain fog and many more symptoms. Eliminating diets to find the ‘needle in the haystack’ can be a lengthy process. We can use blood tests or a hair sample for a pain free process.
- Relaxation Massage to help relax the mind and body and help reduce stress, aid muscle soreness and increase circulation.
- Lymphatic drainage helps to move fluid from the tissues and back into circulations. This helps to flush toxins and metabolic waste from the body to help eliminate them from the body. Lymphatic drainage helps the immune system and oedema (swollen feet or hands). This technique is gentle and practiced over clothing.
- General Articulation Technique to help with joint mobility and postural alignment. Can be used alone or with a relaxation massage.
Please call to discuss how I can help you with your journey back to optimal health. A range of treatment options and gift vouchers available.
- Bachelor of Health Science (Complementary Medicine) from Charles Sturt University
- Diploma in Naturopathy from South Pacific College of Natural Therapies
- Diploma in Herbal Medicine from South Pacific College of Natural Therapies
- Bachelor of Pharmacy from Otago University
Allergy Testing / Treatments, Children’s Health, Flower Essences, Herbalists, Lymphatic Drainage, Naturopaths, Nutrition, Swedish Relaxation Massage, Weight Loss, Womens Health