Looking for someone to help ‘ untangle’ you?
Bachelor of Social Work, Cert Counselling, Cert in Art and Creativity,
Cert in Supervision, and Full member of NZ Association of Counsellors
Porirua City: Porirua East and Paramata
|CONTACT INFORMATION |
|Contact Name||Robyn Te Paiho|
|Address||PO Box 54-035, Mana 5247, Porirua City |
North Island 5247
|Phone||04 235 5573|
||Make an Enquiry|
Request an Appointment
I am a New Zealand Paakeha (married to a Maori) who has experience working as a Hospital Social Worker in both Physical and Mental Health, as well 15 years experience working as a Counsellor.
As a Counsellor I have worked in the following areas: in a Social Service Agency as a Youth Counsellor, for Mental Health as a Multisystemic Therapist, for a Multicultural Community Agency, and, in my own Private Practice for approximately 10 years.
I like to work with adults as well as young people and have experience working with couples and families.
I use a variety of modalities including: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Interactive Drawing Therapy and Solution Focused Therapy
Areas of skill and interest:
- Workplace Issues
- Couple and Family Work
- Grief and Loss
- Adjustment to physical disability
- Depression and Anxiety
- Self Discovery and Self Worth
- Spiritual Growth
- Helps make sense of what’s going on for you
- Provides support, a listening ear, and is nonjudgmental
- Gives you the opportunity to express yourself and your feelings
- Helps you to make changes, set goals, and move forward.
I have experience assisting people to deal with a wide range of life issues. These include
- Grief and loss
- Health issues, including depression and anxiety
- Adjusting to life’s changes
- Self discovery and self worth
- Spiritual growth
- Spiritual Direction
- Strengthening marriage/couple relationships
(I am able to facilitate the ‘Prepare and Enrich’ programme)
I also have particular experience in working with:
- Adjustment to disability and loss issues
- Working with youth
- And Clinical Supervision
Art for the Heart!
I also have a particular interest in using drawing as a way of working with a person.
This acts as a tool to assist a person with expressing their thoughts and feeling as well as providing a way to help unlock what’s going on for a person in a non threatening way. You don’t have to be good at art or drawing to use this technique.
However, we do not have to use this technique if this is not your thing!
I am a Christian and I am open to your spirituality being part of the counselling process.
I have training in prayer ministry (Theophostic Ministry) and am able to use this in the counselling, if this is something you would like.
To make an appointment.
You can contact me directly or have someone else contact me on your behalf such as:
- a family member, friend, church pastor, or
- We would then discuss what your needs are and what I can offer you, and then make a time for the first initial appointment.
- There is a cost to each counselling appointment which is GST inclusive. Please contact me to find out what my current rate is.
- If you can not afford this we could talk about this and look at what funding is available, such as assistance through WINZ, your doctor (via the PHO funding) or your church).
- All payment is to be paid on the day by cash or cheque unless by arrangement beforehand (sorry no eftpos available).
- I also provide Clinical Supervision. Please can you also contact me to discuss my availability
Art Therapists, Counselling, Life Coaching