Baby Bumps will provide you with all the information you need to enjoy a supportive, welcoming and nurturing start to the most exciting journey of your life.
The founder of Baby Bumps, Jo Spies, is the proud mother of two gorgeous kids. She has been involved with multiple births of wonderful babies and knows first hand how important an emotionally supportive birthing experience is for you, your brand new baby and your ongoing relationship.
Baby Bumps Services:
1. Doula—birth support
2. Postnatal Support
3. Breastfeeding Support
4. Childbirth Education Classes
5. TENS Hire
Antenatal classes run over a 7 week period.
Normally this would include 6 night classes of 2 hours and a weekend morning class of 3 hours
• Female anatomy
• Possible pregnancy discomforts & tricks for combating them
• The labour process
• Understanding the role of hormones in labour
• Positions for labouring and birthing
• Techniques for self help in labour
• Medical pain relief options
• Medical interventions in labour
• Recognising Postnatal depression and baby blues
• Ladies - post birth changes
• How to care for a new born baby
• Nappies, bathing, settling, clothing & sleeping information
• Safe sleeping guidelines
• What to buy - advice on deciding what you need and what you don’t need
Jo's classes are informative and enjoyable in a relaxed environment that feels safe to ask all those awkward questions.
If you would like to book a class please phone Jo to find out when the next scheduled class is.
"We have no family in New Zealand so to have Jo's ongoing support, many times above and beyond the call of duty, provided us with an amazing birth experience. The afterbirth experience was when we needed her the most and her help around breastfeeding gave me the impetus to continue and persevere, not to mention solid advice on how to do it and keep my breasts as pain free as possible during the first few weeks" thanks Candice and Paul
Dad - “I was nervous about coming to these classes I had heard so many stories from the guys at work, however I have learned lots and have actually looked forward to Wednesday nights”
Thank you for your ongoing support. Your love and support during the birth of our baby girl ment the world to us. it was great to know that we could ask all our many questions and not feel rushed. through your support we felt totally ready to give birth and we feel that impacted on the outcome in such a positve way. see you again next time
xxx Jess and Tom