Natural Allergy Treatments
Many people seek allergy relief with the help of natural therapies that function by strengthening the immune system and reducing the severity of specific allergy symptoms. Please read on for more information on which natural therapy may best suit you and your allergy needs.
What are Allergies?
The term allergy may be used to describe the reaction produced by the body when it encounters something foreign. When an allergic reaction occurs, the body responds by producing antibodies and/or releasing specific chemicals called histamines. When released into the system, these histamines trigger an inflammatory response otherwise known as an allergic reaction. Common allergens include certain drugs, dusts, moulds, insect bites, plants and foods.
The body must first make contact with an allergen before developing sensitivity and an allergic reaction towards it. The most common allergy symptoms experienced include:
- Childhood Allergies
- Gastrointestinal problems such as pain and bloating.
- Severe mood changes
Natural Allergy Treatments
- Nutrition for allergies: Specific foods and their constituents are often responsible for allergic reactions. Other foods function to strengthen the immune system responsible for allergic responses as well as reduce the severity of some allergy symptoms.
- Herbal medicine for allergies: Herbal Medicines reduces the frequency and severity of allergic reaction symptoms by primarily detoxifying the liver, strengthening the immune system and reducing blood histamine levels responsible for allergic reactions.
- Homeopathy for allergies: Homeopathy aims to treat allergies by exposing an individual to minimal amounts of the allergen as part of the actual treatment (rather than having the patient avoid the allergen altogether).
- Hypnotherapy for allergies: By delivering suggestions to the subconscious mind, Hypnotherapy enables the body to respond to encountered allergens more helpfully, thus reducing the frequency and severity of reactions.
- Kinesiology for allergies: To identify the root cause of allergies and their symptoms, Kinesiology uses the technique of muscle testing to test for allergies to certain substances, and to test the effectiveness of certain anti-allergy treatments and medications.
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) for allergies: NLP is a holistic, therapeutic technique that addresses the way in which an individual think and store information regarding their allergies differently. Three separate techniques are used by NLP practitioners in rewiring an allergic individual’s negative thinking processes to a more positive state of mind, which accommodates the healing process.
- Massage for allergies: Massage serves to relieve symptoms of allergies by reducing the stress levels often responsible for triggering allergic reactions, as well as clearing congestion caused by allergies in the chest, nose and throat. Massage should be seen only as a complementary therapy for symptoms of allergies, and is in no way a replacement for anti-allergy medications.
Printer Friendly Version
Related Modalities Herbal Medicine Homoeopathy Hypnotherapy Kinesiology Massage - Connective Tissue Massage - Deep Tissue Massage - Remedial Massage - Stone Therapy Massage - Swedish / Relaxation Massage - Thai Nutrition