What is it
Based upon the proven principles of energetic medicine, Bodytalk is a holistic approach to healing that draws upon the practices of kinesiology, yoga and psychology, as well as Western Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda. It’s a practice that aims to integrate the body’s natural abilities in order to reach true physical, emotional and spiritual health.
Bodytalk practitioners believe there is a natural state of communication between the atoms, cells and all internal systems within the body. These lines can become crossed and compromised as a result of every day stress, which can ultimately decrease overall well being of the individual. Through various techniques, Bodytalk realigns these areas of communication, which stimulates and reactivates the body's natural self-healing capability.
How does it work
After a brief discussion with your practitioner regarding the issues you would like to address, your session will begin with you lying on a massage table or sitting comfortable upright in a chair, fully clothed.
Techniques employed to realign the areas of communication in your body include:
- Direct communication – with the body via the use of muscle testing (a technique often used in Kinesiology). Your practitioner can communicate with the bodymind via the process of yes/no biofeedback, using your muscles as a response mechanism. The bodymind can respond with yes or no to what it needs, allowing the body to diagnose itself.
- Breathwork – based on yogic philosophy, Bodytalk incorporates the art of breathwork to ensure that the brain, heart and immune system are fully engaged in the session, which ensures lasting results.
- Tapping - most often used upon the head, has been used to get the body focused on healing for centuries by holistic systems such as yoga and kinesiology. Trigger points on the body are stimulated by the practitioner’s touch, coerceing the brain to focus on their links and repairs. A new state of health is also activated in the body when your practitioner taps your sternum (the heart centre).
- The Cortices technique – most often used to correct any imbalances between the left and right halves of the brain, resulting in improved efficiency and overall health.
- Switching - usually resulting from stress, the brain sometimes goes into ‘switching mode’. Here normal brain function is compromised. Your practitioner may employ the Switching technique to restore normal brain function.
- Hydration – used to improve the efficiency of all physiological processes by correcting the body’s ability utilise all available water. Most of our physiological processes are reliant on water as it makes up 70-80% of the body’s tissue.
- Body Chemistry technique – corrects imbalances caused by the inefficient address by the immune system of bacteria, viruses and parasites. This empowers the body to restore its own health without the usage of medication.
- Reciprocals technique – recreates the integrity of the body’s structures.
What else to expect
Sessions can range anywhere between 15 – 60 mins. The body’s innate wisdom generally indicates how much time is requires for the bodymind heal in that one particular session.
Bodytalk is also an accumulative process. Every circuit of energy that is corrected in a session by the tapping process builds on the one before. This means you will continue to enjoy the process of healing long after you have left your practitioner, and over the course of the following days, your brain will continue to rewire, resulting in improved states of mental, spiritual and physical health.
Bodytalk can be used to treat and alleviate the symptoms of:
- Headaches, Migraines
- Back, Neck, Joint pain, Arthritis & stiffness
- Fibromyalgia, Chronic fatigue
- Chronic viral, bacterial, parasitic and fungal infections
- Food, chemical, environmental allergies
- Digestive disorders & IBS
- Constipation, Bladder problems (bed-wetting)
- Hormonal disorders, Period pain and P.M.T
- Abnormal Blood sugar levels, Food cravings
- Fears, phobias
- Emotional trauma, Addictions, Eating disorders
- Children’s disorders such as Hyperactivity, Sleep problems, infections, Learning disabilities, Dyslexia and Behavioural problems
Printer Friendly Version
Related Modalities Ayurveda Kinesiology Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Yoga - All