Check out This Salmon Fish Pie Recipe
Check out This Salmon Fish Pie
This salmon fish pie makes a delicious and healthy winter meal
- I sheet of puff pastry
- 1 tbspn butter
- splash of milk
- 1 leek, cut in half lengthways and slice thinly
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 medium salmon fillets
- 25 g butter
- 2 tbspn plain flour
- 500ml milk
- 1 beaten egg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat, add olive oil then add leeks and carrots. Cook for three minutes, or until the leeks begin to look translucent. Remove from heat.
- Roughly dice fish up into 5cm pieces. Place the uncooked fish, the leek and carrots, and the frozen peas together into an oven dish.
- To make the white sauce, heat a small saucepan over medium heat, add the butter and once it has melted, add the flour. Vigorously stir to create a paste and then keep cooking it for two minutes, stirring at the same time. Take this mixture off the heat while you add a quarter of the milk, place back on the heat and stir rapidly to combine and thicken, remove from the heat again to add the next quarter, stir to combine. Continue this process until all the milk has been added to the saucepan and the sauce thickened. Then grate in the cheese until it has melted.
- Pour the white sauce over the fish mixture and thoroughly combine.
- Cover the top of the fish with the sheet of filo pastry across the top of the pie to cover it. Brush the beaten egg over the pastry and put a small hole in the middle.
- Place in the oven for 35 mins. When it is cooked, remove from the oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Printer Friendly Version
Related Modalities Nutrition