Self development is simply undertaking techniques to help you unlock your potential – to be the best that you can be. You learn to stop letting negative thoughts and emotions hold you back in your life and you become free to live a life where you can do things that you never thought possible.
The goal of self development is to help free you from cycles or limiting beliefs that may be holding you back in life. Perhaps you think that you can never be fit or healthy, so you don’t bother to exercise or think healthily. Previous experiences may colour and affect your relationships. Perhaps you simply “settle” for what you can get instead of what you deserve. Self development techniques aim to replace these negative thoughts and behaviours with more positive thoughts. These positive thoughts then allow you to look at your life more objectively and make changes in order to become happier, and more fulfilled.
There are many self development techniques that can help you to achieve your goals. Some of these include:
When choosing a technique, it is important that you find one that is comfortable for you. You need to feel comfortable and safe with your therapist, so that you can let go of negativity in a controlled, stable environment.
Self development has many benefits. You’d be amazed at what a little bit of time, effort, and self analysis can do for you. The benefits include:
• Overcoming any fears, phobias, or anxieties that you may have
• Achieving new career goals
• Developing strategies to earn more money
• Attracting better relationships and healing troubled relationships
• Relieving anxiety, stress, and depression
• Learning more constructive techniques to cope with anger and disappointment
• Improving your self esteem
• Improving your ability to cope in stressful situations
By releasing emotional issues and energy blockages, you can also bring about physical benefits that you may not have thought possible. These include:
• Losing weight and keeping it off
• Improved pain management
• Improved blood pressure
• Relief from respiratory problems
• Improvement in physical symptoms
• Reduction in the amount or severity of headaches suffered
• Improved trauma recovery
• Decreasing insomnia