BodyTalk is a non-invasive healing system that is gentle, safe and effective.
Welcome to BodyTalk Association New Zealand
The BodyTalk System recognises that health is our natural state and our bodies have perpetual healing mechanisms that maintain life. A BodyTalk treatment can stimulate your innate healing ability which then powerfully activates your body to heal at a deep and lasting level.
Why do you get sick?
- the most up-to-date research into anatomy and physiology
- the wisdom of advanced yoga
- the knowledge of modern physics and ancient philosophy
- the energy dynamics of acupuncture
- the principles of osteopathy and chiropractic
Modern research has shown us that the bodymind is a holistic, interrelated system that involves hundreds of physical and bio-energetic systems that interact continuously to sustain life. Balanced communications between these systems are fundamental to good health. The inter-relationships between the components of the body at the physical, emotional and mental level create a complex symphony of relationships that health care practitioners can not fully understand. But if the communication systems and energy linkages necessary for the bodymind to function optimally are compromised, the lack of communication stops each body part 'talking' to the other body parts, there is no synchronicity in their functions and so poor health or symptoms of disease result.
The factors that ultimately cause our symptoms or disease are virtually limitless but include:
These can prevent the correct functioning of the central nervous system, meridians and chakras, blood supply, immune system, organs, hormones, the cranio-sacral and musculo-skeletal systems leading to dysfunction, pain and disease, depression and stress.
What happens in a session?
- physical trauma (e.g. car accidents, sports injuries, head injuries)
- chemical trauma (e.g. cleaners, petrochemicals, insecticides and pesticides)
- emotional traumas that we can not process and release effectively
- extreme fatigue, over exertion, over work, over whelmed
- incomplete healing of diseases
- incomplete immune response to pathogens (parasites, viruses, bacteria, fungi)
- medications and drugs (including vaccines, contraceptive hormones, steroids, alcohol, cigarettes, general anaesthetics, muscle relaxants and anti-depressants, aspirin, recreational drugs, cholesterol lowering medication)
- difficult labour and birth
- exposure to artificial energy fields and electronic devices (computers, TVs, VCRs, microwave ovens, high voltage electrical wires etc)
- emotional overload
The BodyTalk System gives the practitioner protocols to be able to assess all the systems of the body for dysfunction. The practitioner can consult your 'innate intelligence' via neurological bio-feedback (muscle testing) to discover where these dysfunctions lie. As every individual is so unique only their innate intelligence knows what is to be balanced and in what order, therefore using The BodyTalk System, we ask each individual body what needs balancing, so you get the treatment you need rather than the treatment the practitioner thinks you need.
Once the problem is located, an advanced Yoga technique is used which consists of light tapping on the head and then on the heart. This allows the body to communicate its needs to the brain. If the brain doesn't know what is wrong it can’t activate the healing process. It has been shown when a patient is linked up to an EEG when this treatment occurs, the parts of the brain associated with the problem areas go through a massive amount of brain wave activity.
Tapping over the sternum encourages the heart to store (you “know it by heart”) the “new, improved” patterns in the body's cellular memory, so the cells can replicate with the newly corrected code instead of the old damaged patterns, thereby continuing the healing process long after the session is over.
Clinical results have shown that once the communication systems have been re-established and the bodymind synchronized, the body is capable of improving its function at a deep and lasting level. As the BodyTalk practitioner is really teaching the body to return itself to “normal”, this means that the healing process becomes automatic for the client. Fewer treatments are required when working with this type of balancing.