Massage New Zealand is the association of professional massage therapists in New Zealand.
The purpose of MNZ is to promote the benefits of massage, provide the public with access to registered
massage therapists and to support professional massage therapists throughout New Zealand.
The massage industry is currently not regulated by the New Zealand government. MNZ provides the massage profession with a self-regulating body to ensure the highest standards of massage training and practice, and provide protection for the public. Use our Find a Massage Therapist to locate a MNZ registered therapist.
MNZ provides information about the benefits of massage therapy and supports the ongoing development of the massage industry in New Zealand. Professional massage therapists are invited to join MNZ and take advantage of the benefits of membership.
Massage New Zealand commitment to its members: (As contained in the Constitution of MNZ)
Massage New Zealand’s purpose and mission is to:
Promote health and wellness in New Zealand (Aotearoa) through quality massage, and advocate the successful development of the association.
We believe in and support:
Integrity, Choice, Competency, Effectiveness, Quality, Inclusiveness, Responsibility and Growth
The objectives of Massage New Zealand are to:
- Organise and promote the profession of massage therapy.
- Encourage high standards of knowledge and competency amongst the members.
- Encourage the dissemination of research in massage therapy.
- Provide Code of Conduct and standards of practice and seek to ensure that the conduct of the profession is regulated by the members.
- Seek to ensure a register is kept of members and a disciplinary mechanism is established and maintained by the profession.
- Seek to ensure the quality and delivery of massage training in New Zealand.
- Provide ongoing training and mentoring to members.
- Publish journals and other publications.
- Co-operate and become members of, or affiliate with, any other incorporated or unincorporated organisation, company, educational institution, regulatory board, or any organisation, which in any way promotes the objectives of MNZ.
- Foster, support and protect the interests of the members of MNZ.
- Make arrangements with any trade, business or profession for the provision to the members of any special benefits, privileges and advantages and in particular to goods and services.
- Lobby Governments and regulators in pursuit of the objectives.
- Improve the social and economic position of members.
Natural Health Practitioners of New Zealand
Massage New Zealand is a member of the Natural Health Practitioners of New Zealand (NHPNZ). MNZ members can become members of NHPNZ. For further information please contact NHPNZ Office Manager Tel 09 414 5501 or email email@example.com
Massage - Chinese, Massage - Connective Tissue, Massage - Corporate / Workplace, Massage - Deep Tissue, Massage - Hawaiian, Massage - Indian Head, Massage - Infant, Massage - Mobile Service, Massage - Pregnancy, Massage - Remedial, Massage - Sports, Massage - Stone Therapy, Massage - Swedish / Relaxation, Massage - Thai