You can become a Registered Hypnotherapist by joining the New Zealand Hypnotherapists Registration Board Inc.
New Zealand Hypnotherapists Registration Board Inc.
The New Zealand Hypnotherapists Registration Board Inc was established on 11th June 2003 as an independent registration board for the profession of hypnotherapy in New Zealand with a purpose to provide for the self-regulation of the hypnotherapy industry.
The Board operates completely independent of any hypnotherapy society or private training establishment, as it works with other hypnotherapy organisations such as The New Zealand Hypnotherapy Federation Inc. on professional matters to ensure the continued credibility and professionalism of hypnotherapy practices in New Zealand.
The Board emphasises the importance for registered hypnotherapists to deliver safe hypnotherapy practices.
The Board aims to provide for the interests of the New Zealand public through the registration of hypnotherapists who meet the registration requirements as set out in the NZHRB Constitution, and the management of professional competencies, on-going education, conduct issues for all Board-registered hypnotherapists.
The Board reviews and promotes the competence of registered hypnotherapists and sets standards of clinical competence and ethical conduct.
The Board works alongside and supports The New Zealand Hypnotherapy Federation Inc in its aim to bring the profession of hypnotherapy together in its role as the umbrella organisation for hypnotherapy.
Another functional role of the Board is to maintain an accurate list of practising hypnotherapists who are registered with the Board.
- To provide for the registration of professional hypnotherapists practising in New Zealand based on a minimum standards of competency according to the registration entrance criteria.
- To promote and encourage high standards of professional ethical conduct of hypnotherapists registered by the Board.
- To provide for the discipline of professional hypnotherapists practising in New Zealand.
The Board’s Public Role is:
- To provide to the public a register of registered professional hypnotherapists who meets with the registration requirements as set out in the NZHRB Constitution.
- To provide for the interests of the public by providing basic information and/or references that can enable the public to make better informed choices when seeking to experience hypnotherapy as a choice of therapeutic processes or to embark into training in this field as a career.
- To provide a platform upon which the public can contact the Board with questions or about registration related topics in the professional practice of hypnotherapy.
NZHRB – ROLE TO ITS REGISTER
The Board’s Role to its Register is:
For hypnotherapists wishing to become registered, please go to the Membership page of our website, for full details, and the application forms.
For members of the public wishing to know more about hypnotherapy as a programme of therapy or as a professional career, please visit the New Zealand Hypnotherapy Federation or alternatively, please Contact Us and we will endeavour to assist you in the best possible way.
- To manage the registration of professional hypnotherapists to a high standard of professional conduct.
- To provide to practising hypnotherapists a base in which they can be assured that fellow registered hypnotherapists meets with the minimum standards of professional competency.
- To provide with its register a resource that hypnotherapists can refer enquiring clients to ie. when seeking for other registered hypnotherapists throughout New Zealand.
- To stand for credibility and professionalism on behalf of registered hypnotherapists who meets with all the requirements of the NZHRB Constitution.
- To safeguard for the continued professional standing of the Board and its registered hypnotherapists practising in New Zealand.
- To provide for its register a national presence through its advertising in the Yellow Pages in regions where there are registered hypnotherapists and in events that are in alignment with its objectives and roles.
- The Board trusts that you will find the information provided herewith useful and informative. Please Contact Us if you have any further queries or comments.