promoting Ayurveda and Yoga Therapy in New Zealand
The New Zealand Ayurvedic Association (TNZAA) was established in 2005. Its name was changed to New Zealand Ayurveda & Yoga Therapy Association (NZAYTA) in 2013.
NZAYTA has the following purposes:
- To ensure good training standards for students of Ayurveda and Yoga Therapy
- To help graduates establish sound professional practices
- To support practitioners through networking and ongoing professional development
- To promote Ayurveda and Yoga Therapy – especially it’s therapeutic application – amongst the community
- To represent Ayurveda and Yoga Therapy in the health industry and to government
NZAYTA is an Affiliate Member of the Natural Health Council (NZ) Inc and Natural Health Practitioners New Zealand
The New Zealand Ayurveda & Yoga Therapy Association offers membership for students, practitioners and friends of Ayurveda and Yoga.
Please read the Association Rules before applying for membership.
Ayurvedic Practitioner: BAMS or equivalent qualification.
Ayurvedic Consultant: 3-years Diploma of Ayurvedic Medicine or equivalent.
Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultant: 1-year Diploma of Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultancy or equivalent.
Yoga Therapist: 1-year Diploma of Yoga Therapy or equivalent.
Ayurvedic Therapist: 300 hours study of Ayurvedic therapeutics.
Ayurveda/Yoga Student in an approved institution.
Friend of Ayurveda & Yoga. New fee: only $35 per year!
Find a qualified health practitioner who is registered with the New Zealand Ayurveda & Yoga Therapy Association.
It is recommended that you use a NZAYTA-registered practitioner. They will be qualified, approved, and will be bound by our Code of Ethics.