We represent the largest body of Natural Healthcare Practitioners in New Zealand.
Our aim is to support and represent natural healthcare professionals in the natural healthcare sector, and to promote the diverse modalities involved in the natural healthcare sector. We also aim to support the health and welfare of the communities in which our practitioners serve.
As the premier leading natural healthcare practitioner register in New Zealand, and one of the largest natural healthcare organisations in the Southern Hemisphere, we provide practitioners with the highest qualifications obtainable in their chosen field of expertise who can meet the healthcare needs of your entire family. Unlike conventional (allopathic medicine) our individual practitioners utilise the natural holistic (whole body) approach to healthcare with an emphasis on treating the whole person. Our practitioners provide a full range of natural healthcare therapies to assist with many health conditions.
The Natural Health Practitioners of New Zealand Incorporated (formally known as The New Zealand Charter of Health Practitioners Incorporated) was formed in 1993 as a non profit incorporated society with the New Zealand Incorporated Societies Act 1908. NHPNZ is a non profit organisation established to facilitate and defend the practitioners’ right to practice freely in their chosen health field and the consumers’ right to freely access healthcare of their own choice.
We fully support the individual's basic human right to make their own educated decisions and their own freedom of choice from all available science, treatments and therapies in order to maintain or re-establish a desirable level of health and well-being.
The Natural Health Practitioners of New Zealand is one of Australasia’s largest professional bodies of Healthcare Practitioners. The NHPNZ is an umbrella organisation created to represent a number of affiliated associations of natural healthcare professionals in diverse fields.
These are divided broadly into the following three professions:
The society’s framework embraces several modalities including Acupuncture, Herbalism, Homeopathy, Naturopathy, Nutrition, Massage Therapy, Reflexology, Reiki, Shiatsu and Bowen Therapy..
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Profession
- Natural Therapies Profession
- Natural Medicine Profession
Our Mission is to promote an optimal healthcare model for the benefit of all New Zealanders, embracing continuing education and research by qualified, registered, natural healthcare practitioners, providing safe effective preventative and restorative therapies for achieving and maintaining health and wellbeing.
- To encourage in its members the highest ideals of professionalism in respect to Healthcare.
- To promote and encourage the study of Natural and Traditional Medicine in its many specialties including Acupuncture, Chinese Herbal Medicine, Herbal Medicine, Homeopathy, Iridology, Nutrition, Natural Fertility, Natural Vision Improvement, Naturopathy, Chiropractic, Osteopathy, Aromatherapy, Integration Therapy, Reflexology, Remedial Massage, Remedial Therapies, Shiatsu and other Natural or Traditional Medicines or Therapies.
- To promote public awareness of Natural and Traditional Medicine. 4. To fix from time to time minimum standards for the teaching of Natural and Traditional Medicine. 5. To accredit courses taught by colleges of Natural and Traditional Medicine as complying with the minimum standards agree by the organisation.
- To identify colleges that teach to the minimum standards of Natural and Traditional Medicine and to oversee the conduct of those colleges by recognising, withholding recognition or withdrawing recognition of individual colleges.
- To provide for provisional recognition of individual colleges of Natural and Traditional Medicine whilst the organisation enquires into whether that college teaches to the minimum standards fixed by the organisation.
- To represent fairly and equally the diverse areas of the profession of Natural and Traditional Medicine and Healthcare.
- To promote and encourage the right of different specialist areas of Natural and Traditional Medicine to be allowed the right to train and to practice as specialist colleges and to give specialist practitioner services.
- To provide a Code of Ethics for the practice of Natural and Traditional Medicine.
- To encourage all colleges recognised by the organisation to monitor the standards (academic or otherwise) and the ethics and professionalism of its own graduates.
how to join
Please download this joining information pack to view the steps you need to take to join here: Information Pack
Contact the office of the Natural Health Practitioners of New Zealand for a Membership Application Form or please download HERE.
Complete Membership Application Form, attach relevant documentation and submit to Natural Health Practitioners of New Zealand at PO Box 31 396, Milford, Auckland, 0741 or email [email protected]
However - if you are submitting your application through an Affiliate then please make sure all your documents and cheque made out to NHPNZ is handed to them so they can process their part. If you are paying by other means please contact the NHPNZ Office.
Your application will be presented to the Registrar for approval.
You will be issued with a Registration Certificate and a Practicing Certificate.
Acupressure, Acupuncture, Alexander Technique, Allergy Testing / Treatments, Animal Therapy, Aromatherapy, Art Therapy, Ayurveda, Beauty Therapy (Holistic), Biofeedback, Body Harmony®, Bowen Therapy, Brain Gym®, Breathwork, Chiropractic, Colonic Irrigation, Colour Therapy, Core Energetics, Counselling, Craniosacral Therapy, Crystal Therapy, Cupping, Day Spas, Dietitian, Ear Candling, Energy Healing, Feldenkrais, Feng Shui, Flower Essences, Hellerwork, Herbal Medicine, Holistic Doctor, Homoeopathy, Hypnotherapy, Iridology, Kinesiology, Kinesiology - Applied, Kinesiology - Educational, Laser Therapy, Life Coaching, Lymphatic Drainage, Magnetic Field Therapy, Massage - Chinese, Massage - Connective Tissue, Massage - Corporate / Workplace, Massage - Deep Tissue, Massage - Hawaiian, Massage - Indian Head, Massage - Infant, Massage - Mobile Service, Massage - Pregnancy, Massage - Remedial, Massage - Sports, Massage - Stone Therapy, Massage - Swedish / Relaxation, Massage - Thai, Meditation, Myofascial Release Therapy, Myotherapy, Natural Fertility Management, Naturopathy, Neuro Linguistic Programming, Nutrition, Osteopathy, Personal Training, Physiotherapy, Pilates, Podiatry, Polarity Therapy, Psychotherapy, Qi Gong, Reconnective Healing, Reflexology, Reiki, Remedial Therapies, Shiatsu, Sound Therapy, Spiritual Healing, Sports Injury Therapy, Tai Chi, Theta Healing, Thought Field Therapy, Time Line Therapy®, Touch for Health, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), Trigger Point Therapy, Weight Loss, Women's Health, Yoga - All, Yoga - Ashtanga, Yoga - Bikram, Yoga - Hatha, Yoga - Iyengar, Yoga - Kundalini, Yoga - Pregnancy, Yoga - Vinyasa