Welcome to the Website of Koa Thompson of Coast Osteopathy
Osteopathic Treatment Provider in Warkworth and Whangaparaoa, New Zealand
"Hands on healthcare supporting recovery mobility and wellness"
Your Osteopath at Coast Osteopathy - Koa Thompson
I am the founding owner and sole practitioner at Coast Osteopathy. I am registered with the OCNZ and am a member of Osteopaths New Zealand.
I am an ACC service provider.
I have worked in this profession since 1992 providing hands on structural and cranial osteopathic healthcare.
I originally trained in New Zealand qualifying in 1990, and later completed a Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Osteopathy at RMIT University, Melbourne. I have several certifications from the Sutherland Cranial Teaching Foundation of Australia and NZ, including those specific to pediatric care.
My registration and certification allows me to provide osteopathic services throughout New Zealand and Australia.
Coast Osteopathy now comprises 2 clinics - the original based for over 20 years in Whangaparaoa and a more recent addition in Warkworth. In this time I have developed a great local reputation for providing a professional osteopathic service, along with strong working relationships with local medical and allied health practices and services.
At Coast Osteopathy I have a special interest in family healthcare, including the treatment of infants and children, and improving mothers' comfort and health in pregnancy. I believe that safe gentle hands on osteopathic procedures help women maintain optimal function throughout their pregnancy, while ensuring baby's healthy growth and development.
Beyond provision of Osteopathic Healthcare on the Hibiscus Coast and in Warkworth, I am a mother to a now teenaged daughter and enjoy a rural life just south of Warkworth.
I love to relax near, on or in the ocean, enjoying sailing, diving and kayaking and have a passion for contemporary dance. We are all so lucky to live in this beautiful country, and I am very thankful to be part of this great community.
Coast Osteopathy provides safe, gentle and effective osteopathic treatment to promote optimal function throughout the body. Osteopathy will improve respiratory efficiency, blood supply and the removal of metabolites (waste products), and will normalize nerve supply to affected tissues. From newborns to the very mature, osteopathy can enhance the general health and wellbeing of every individual.
I commonly see
- Structural and Cranial Osteopathy
- ACC Treatment Provider
- Effective Hands-on Family Healthcare
- Babies and Toddlers — I provide gentle cranial osteopathy to help babies overcome retained stresses and strains acquired in utero and during birth. This often improves the symptoms of colic and gastric reflux, latching and feeding issues, and can help to regulate sleeping habits - among other conditions.
- Children — Older children also benefit from osteopathy, enjoying relief from recurrent chest infections and colds, ear infections, asthma, and allergies. Hearing and behavioural issues can be addressed and recovery from accident and injury enhanced.
- Teens — Along with the usual sports injuries, strains and sprains, teenagers undergo rapid growth and change alongside the development of their hormonal and nervous systems. Osteopathy provides support during these changes relieving discomfort, preventing aberrant postures and promoting internal balance.
- Adults — Adults suffering from neck and back pain, headaches, sports or exercise injuries, arthritis and joint pain, pregnancy discomfort, hip and shoulder pain, vertigo and dizziness, and sciatica.
- Older People — Aches and pains associated with growing older can be treated! Safe, and gentle cranial techniques can increase mobility of stiff joints and relieve any number of conditions including constipation, sinus issues, and bladder infections.
- Pregnancy — Osteopathy can prevent or ease common conditions such as morning sickness, swelling of the feet and legs, dizziness, back pain, shortness of breath, pubic pain and uncomfortable postural change. Easing labour pain and optimising the potential for a natural, uncomplicated birth of a healthy baby is the ultimate goal of osteopathic treatment during pregnancy.
Contact Koa for safe, gentle osteopathic treatment