Looking for someone to help ‘ untangle’ you?
I am an experienced counsellor with the following qualifications:
Bachelor of Social Work, Cert Counselling, Cert in Clinical Supervision,
Foundation Cert. in Art and Creativity, Cert in Te Aro Reo Maori
Full member of NZ Association of Counsellors, Full member of NZ Christian Counsellors Association
Porirua City: Mana, Porirua and Whitby.
Who am I? Ko wai Au?
I am a New Zealand Paakehaa of English, Scottish and German ancestry (and my husband is a Te Paiho - of Maaori ancestry). I work in Porirua as a Counsellor in Private Practice, which I have done so since 2004.
I have experience in assisting people with a wide range of issues.
I also enjoy working with people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
My areas of skill and interest are:
- and, colleagues via clinical supervision
My personal statement
I am approachable, non-judgemental and friendly. I have a background in counselling and social work and believe my way of working is practical as well as person focused and respectful - listening to what is going on for you and working on what you want to work on.
Ways I can work with you
I am able to work in a variety of ways, using the following types of therapy:
- Grief and loss
- Adjusting to life's changes
- Self discovery and self worth
- Spiritual growth
- Workplace issues
- Health issues including adjustment to disability
- Couple work
- Strengthening relationships/marriages (via the prepare and enrich programme)
- and, clinical supervision.
Art for the Heart!
I also have a particular interest in using drawing as a way of working with people.
Art through drawing acts as a tool to assist you with expressing your thoughts and feelings by helping to unlock what’s going on for you in a non threatening way. You don’t have to be good at art or drawing to use this technique.
However, we do not have to use this technique if this is not your thing!
Embracing your spirituality in your counselling
I am a Christian and I am open to your spirituality being part of your counselling process.
I have training in prayer ministry (Theophostic Ministry) and am able to use this in the counselling if this is something you would like, along-side your therapy.
- Person-Centred therapy (PCT)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Solution focused brief therapy (SFBT)
- Interaction drawing therapy (IDT)
- Christian Counselling
To make an appointment.
You can contact me directly or have someone else contact me on your behalf such as:
- a family member, friend, church pastor, or health professional.
- We would then discuss what your needs are and what I can offer you, and then make a time for the first initial appointment.
- There is a cost to each counselling appointment which is GST inclusive. Please contact me to find out what my current rate is.
- If you can not afford the cost there may be some funding available, such as assistance through WINZ, your doctor (via the PHO funding), ACC, your workplace or your church. Please do not hesitate to ask me.
- Payment for counselling can be paid on the day by cash or cheque or via internet banking. An invoice will be made available for you.
- I also provide Clinical Supervision. Please contact me to discuss my availability
Art Therapists, Counselling, Life Coaching, Mens Health, Spiritual Healing, Womens Health