Welcome to Brooke Coaching
I am a certified life, personal development and health and wellness coach, addiction coach (working with a qualified addiction clinician), certified personal trainer and business owner with 28 years of experience in Wellington, New Zealand and internationally.
- Procrastinate about the important things?
- Battle with Perfection - sabotaging work and life?
- Spend too much time working (workaholic) and not enough time living?
- Spend too much time on social media and not getting work done?
- Have anger issues at work or at home?
- Tolerate and not get ahead?
- Seek, but never find that elusive job satisfaction?
- Not know enough about your passions and your goals?
- Want to say NO but don't know how?
- Have negative thought patterns or chaotic brain activity?
- Need to deal with emotions that cause self-sabotaging behaviours?
- Have a dysfunctional team?
- Have addictions that are affecting family and friends?
- Are you a Manager or Leader with communication challenges?
- Are you a CEO or business owner with burn out?
- Have problems with communication with boss, manager or peers?
- Settling up a small business and need support?
- Have problems with weight, lack of fitness, health issues?
- Have relationship problems and don't know what to do?
- Know you have to do something but don't know WHAT?
We all go through periods in our lives when we know things aren’t quite what they could be. We are not getting as much out of life as we want and yet try as we may, we can’t figure out why or what to do about it.
That’s where life coaching comes in. When you are sick you go to the doctor. When you can’t see the wood for the trees, when you need help to make the best decisions for you and stick to them, you need a certified Life Coach.
When you're overweight and unfit and know you need help with nutrition and exercise, you need a holistic certified Personal Trainer.
How life coaching works
It’s all about you.
We will work together to:
- discover your passions and your personal vision
- reduce anxiety
- improve sleep
- clarify and set new goals
- find your passions
- develop your key strategies
- remove any blocks
- review your current life balance
- establish your personal foundation
- identify your values
- assess where are you in your life
- finding satisfaction in your job or changing career
- what are you facing in your personal, business and work life
- review your progress
- celebrate your achievements
- use tools from NLP (Neuro linguistic programming) where needed
- use tools from EFT where needed
- use tools from Mindfulness, Meditation and Breathing where needed
Where, when, how often?
You decide how often and long you want to spend. I can work with you in my office, your office, in a café or by phone or Skype (30-60 mins).
Life coaching can be on-going or several sessions. Generally, sessions start off weekly and then by arrangement as you progress. Where relevant, I use tools from:
NLP Neuro-Linguistic Programming, a name that encompasses the three most influential components involved in producing human experience: neurology, language and programming. The neurological system regulates how our bodies function, language determines how we interface and communicate with other people and our programming determines the kinds of models of the world we create. Neuro-Linguistic Programming describes the fundamental dynamics between mind (neuro) and language (linguistic) and how their interplay affects our body and behavior (programming).
EFT Tapping has deep roots in ancient chinese acupressure and modern psychology that taps on meridian points to release blockages and allow energy flow. It addresses the core of living beliefs and moves towards new beliefs. Works with a wide variety of issues: physical pain, to weight loss, to money issues, to childhood trauma, phobias, addictions, fears etc.)
"Put away your scepticisms this really works" Dr Wayne O'Dwyer.
Mindfulness Advantages: Learning to be more present and self aware. Reduce stree and feel better, less reactive and greater sense of freedom. Exercising Mindfulness is as effective as medication (without the side effects) for mild to moderate depression.
A wise person once said, “declare your mission and then live it!” In order to ensure you do that I expect from you:
- dedication to finding out what your particular ‘mission’ is
- accountability for actions you commit to
- be honest
- be prepared to make changes
In return you can expect from me:
- the truth at all times
- advice and support for you to achieve results
- total confidentiality
- an environment to inspire, encourage growth and progress and propel you to reach much higher levels of discovery and achievement
"Do what you want to do, after you do what you gotta do"
Coaching is About doing and Being
One of the primary distinguishing terms between coaching and counselling is action. It is said that coaching, in general is action-oriented, and counselling is healing/past-oriented. Action in Coaching can cover;
- contemplating change
- considering a new belief
- acting "as if"
- increasing awareness of what's currently hapening
- agreeing to change an attitude for one week or another period of time
- exploring possibilities
- agreeing to stop doing something or doing less of something
- focus inward
- trying on/experimenting with new thoughts, attitiudes, perceptions, beliefts
- approaching something from a different perspective
- being still or mindful
- letting go
- giving themselves permission
- getting ready to embrace something
- stepping into their power
- opening up ...
(Jennifer Corbin COACHU President)
As Gandhi said, “BE the change you want to see in the world.”
Coaching for Corporates and Business Success
Over the past decade, executive coaching has experienced incredible growth and is recognised to be a key factor in developing high performance for individuals and teams within the company. The fast growth of coaching has been linked to the increasing complexity and fast pace of change executives have to deal with in today's work environment.
If you are an executive , leader or a business owner and struggling with a specific goal, or project, team member or employee coaching may help fast track you towards that goal. Phone me for a free consult
I provide a full range of tailored services from corporate health and wellness programmes, business / executive coaching to personal coaching. Whether you are an employee, a manager in a corporate, a business owner or wanting to re-enter the work force, I can help you develop the personal skills you need for greater job satisfaction in any work situation, including
- finding your passion
- leadership skills
- management skills
- increase positivity and enjoyment in the work environment
- create a culture of health, wellness and prevention, reducing sickness and mental health days
- reduce risk of obesity, diabetes, heart disease, hypertension and other diseases
- reduce stress and stress-related illnesses (depression etc.) thereby saving money
- making the transition between jobs
- inspiring and motivating your team
- improve communication skills
- increase staff commitment
- provide clarity and help you find your vision
- build strategy, efficiency, productivity and profit with a balanced life
Addiction affects many more people than the addict. We work with the addict but also with families or anyone affected by the effects of addiction.
I work in conjunction with one on NZ's best addiction counsellor . We work on the WHY and WHAT NEXT with a GAME PLAN to help those out of the addiction nightmare.
We coach/counsel people with addictions and substance abuse. Using a unique blend of life coaching and addiction counselling/therapy strategies, we are having positive results and feedback.
We offer one on one sessions with individuals or families, seminars for corporates or a programme with Red Door Recovery.
Are you tired of running round in circles dealing with weight loss? Would you like to lose weight the easy way without punishment? What is the weight trying to tell you about your life?
Are you unfit and feeling sluggish?
Do you want more energy and freedom to move?
Improve health and vitality?
“Free the mind and the body will follow”.
“Free the body and the mind will follow.”
Whichever quote you like best there is an obvious connection. Exercising and following a nutritious food will work wonders towards building the energy levels you need to live a happy, healthier life.
Being fitter can help you lower the risk of heart disease, lower blood pressure, prevent diabetes, prevent obesity, build healthy bones, improve your overall flexibility, relieve stress and improve your mood.
15 years as a certified Personal Trainer - REPs registered and registered nurse; I can help you start and keep exercising. I work through my gym in Ngaio (I have been a Personal trainer with Les Mills for 14 years). As a Life Coach I will encourage, motivate and support you to create strategies to achieve your goals and have fun on the way.
My clients range from lifestyle clients, weight loss candidates, menopause, pre/post-cancer and pre/post surgery patients to sports people (golf, tennis, netball, soccer, rugby etc.), adults and teenagers.
“A year from now you will wish you started today. “ – Karen Lam
- Weight management
- Train Movement & Muscles
- Increase strength and fitness
- Functional training for everyday life
- Cardio endurance
- Resistance training (weights)
- Core conditioning
- Postural correction
- Corrective exercise
- Body Balance, Co-ordination, Flexibility
- Qi Gong
- Sports specific training
- Stress managemant Life/Work balance
- Deal with emotions that cause self-sabotaging behaviours