Planet Ayurveda is Australasia's premier wellness destination for those seeking healing at all levels:
Physical, Mental and Spiritual. Founded by Dr S. Ajit, Australasia's most experienced Ayurvedic doctor.
Planet Ayurveda was established in 1996 in New Zealand as the country’s first Ayurvedic Wellness & Spa Centre. Located in a peaceful suburb close to the heart of Auckland, the Centre continues to provide authentic Ayurvedic healing, not only to the local community but to clients from around the world. With a dedicated team of therapists, who are personally trained in traditional Ayurvedic treatments by Dr Ajit, the clinic has helped thousands of people on the path to total wellness. For those who work at Planet Ayurveda, the Centre is not just an Ayurvedic business but reflects the total commitment to this health science, a commitment they wish to share with others. What is Ayurveda
The term Ayurveda is composed of two Sanskrit words – Ayu meaning life & Veda meaning knowledge or science. This “Science of Life” originated in India over 5000 years ago, making it one of the world’s oldest health care systems. It is not merely a health care system to treat ailments but a complete philosophy that encourages the pursuit of a healthy lifestyle. Ayurveda is known as the 'Mother of all healing systems' because it predates all other healing therapies and natural medicines. Ayurveda is a complete knowledge of life that teaches us how to live in tune with nature and elevate ourselves into the higher realms of happiness - the ultimate goal in life. According to Ayurveda each individual is unique, a combination of physical, mental & emotional characteristics which are known as his/her constitution (Prakruti). Many factors, both internal as well as external can affect this constitution eg. one’s emotional state, diet, daily food choices, season and weather, physical trauma, job and family relationships. Once we understand that these factors can cause an imbalance in our constitution we have a choice to take appropriate action to nullify or minimise their effects to eliminate the cause. Ayurveda recognises three primary energies, Vata, Pitta & Kapha. Together they regulate every physiological and psychological characteristic from basic cellular processes to the most complex biological functions. When these forces are in a state of natural balance the defence mechanism of the body works at peak efficiency.
- Vata – represents momentum. It is responsible for all the bodily activities and sensations. It controls the movement of blood through the circulatory system, breathing, the delivery of nutrients to the cells and the removal & excretion of waste products.
In balance it promotes flexibility & creativity. Out of balance it produces fear & anxiety.
- Pitta – represents metabolism. It governs digestion and metabolic transformation of nutrients into biologically usable forms. It also imparts the capacity to absorb ideas and impressions and bestows intelligence and an enthusiasm for life.
In balance it promotes understanding & intelligence. Out of balance it produces anger, hate & jealousy
- Kapha – provides substance and support. It gives strength and stability, both physically and psychologically. It enhances resistance to disease and promotes the healing process.
In balance it promotes love, calmness & forgiveness. Out of balance it produces attachment, greed & envy. Life challenges us with many opportunities. Although there is much over which we have little control, we do have the power to determine our diet and lifestyle. To maintain balance and health it is important to give attention to these decisions. Diet, lifestyle and herbs appropriate to individual constitution strengthen the body, mind and consciousness. Consultation
Live Video consultations now available During a consultation Dr. Ajit will access the your body type and state of mind (based on the Ayurvedic principles of Sattva, Rajas & Tamas), identify the causative factors responsible for any imbalances (such as lifestyle, diet & environmental factors at work & home) and assess which of the body’s tissues and channels have been affected. Dr. Ajit is known for his skill in the diagnosis of these problems through pulse diagnosis, tongue examination & iridology (developed by Dr. Ajit, based on Ayurvedic texts). After this diagnosis, he will structure a six stage program. The approach taken by Dr. Ajit is widely accepted by his clients as they feel that his focus is to enhance awareness, rather than making them rigidly follow a particular programme. The program given by Dr. Ajit is normally for one month and clients are advised to come for a follow up consultation after this time. In normal circumstances, 3 to 4 visits are all that are required to achieve the goal of a healthy & well balanced life. He always says to his clients that to achieve perfect balance one doesn’t need to run away from their present positions and live in a cave in the Himalaya, nor change the colour of their clothes. All that is required is a sincere effort to make simple changes in their lives. Who will benefit?
- Those who are keen to take control of their health and are ready to make the effort to make changes in their lifestyle & diet.
- Those who want to treat their health problems in a natural way.
- Those who suffer from ailments such as hay fever, cancer, arthritis, liver problems, asthma, diabetes, bronchitis, migraine, obesity, high blood pressure, CFS, MS & heart problems.
- Those with mental ailments such as depression, stress, anxiety & insomnia.
- Women with problems such as as PMS, dysmenorrhea, irregular periods, infertility issues & menopause.
- Children with problems such as cough, asthmas & skin rashes to those with ADHD.
For more information about the best services for your needs or to organise an appointment - just give us a call!
Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Beauty Therapy, Energy Healing, Indian Head Massage, Natural Fertility Management, Spiritual Healing, Weight Loss, Womens Health