* Naturopath *Counsellor * Psychological Therapist* Supervision & Mentoring
~ Integrative Health & Wellbeing Clinic ~
~Haere mai & Welcome~
~Integrative Health & Wellbeing Clinic~
* Naturopathic Consultations
* Counselling & Psychological Therapy
* Supervision & Mentoring
"Be the change you wish to see in the world" Mahatma Gandhi
** COVID 19 Updates
We are operating within Level 1 ~Face to face onsite, video or phone sessions.
I am, within availablity, providing video sessions: Zoom and some other video platforms as well as Phone Sessions. Naturopathic supplements are then being sent out via courier.
~ I have been practising as a Naturopathic Practitioner, within an Integrative Health Care Model for over 30 years.
~I am a Reg. Mental Health Nurse and a Reg. Comprehensive Nurse.
~ I have been practising as a Counsellor & Psychological Therapist for over 30 years and am also as a Reg. Addictions Practitioner.
~I have worked within a range of public and private Mental Health and Addiction Services and have also provided Clinical Supervision, Mentoring & Health Coaching over this time.
~ I have also had a long involvement with the M.E/C.F.S. Group Canterbury in various roles over the years and I refer my patients/ clients to this highly recommeded organisation as appropriate.
~ I am passionate about providing excellent quality patient/ client- centred, Individualised Health Care supporting the Community within the Primary Care setting. Family/ Whanau and Significant Others are often involved in appointments plus the plan of care.
~ Services Provided ~
- * Counselling & Psychological Therapy
I offer a free 15 minute, no obligations phone call for all new referrals.
What to Expect
Your first appointment is generally a discussion about what you are wanting help with, as well as your current situation and your history. Some helpful tools or strategies are generally identified within the initial session.
If you decide to attend further sessions, these can be scheduled on a weekly, fortnighly or monthly basis or booked as required.
Therapy sessions provide a confidential space for you to gain new insights into the behaviour of yourself and of others, to learn new ways to respond to stressors and Life challenges, to clarify what matters to you and to work towards short-term and long -term goals.
Style of Therapy
I utilise a Client-Centred, Solutions-Focused approach based on elements of the following Therapies:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) & Focused ACT (FACT)
- Mind- Body/ Integrative Psychological Therapy
These are active therapeutic interventions aimed at helping people make Life changes. Clients learn to manage unhelpful thoughts, painful emotions, and other difficult experiences and they find ways of coping with challenging situations so that they can move their lives forward encompassing personal values and in the direction of their achieving goals.
"We cannot sove our problems with the same thinking we used to create them" - Albert Einstein
What is CBT ?
Psychological/ Psychiatric Assessments are generally the initial part of working with a Psychological Therapist. This may involve a full assessment interview and it is sometimes helpful for us to administer questionnaires as the results are helpful when added to all of the information from the client.
Mental Health Nurses or Psychiatric Nurses as part of their skillset, are trained in the assessment and management of psychological difficulties.
This initial assessment gives you, the client, a chance to see how you feel talking with this person and if you feel comfortable proceeding with the therapy sessions.
** Do you need help immediately?
*Need to Talk ( Mental Health Helpline):1737 ( Free call or txt)
* Lifeline: 0800 543 354
* Crisis Resolution: Canterbury District Health Board
(for urgent or crisis Mental Health care) :
0800920092 24 hours/ 7 days
- * Naturopathic Consultations
I offer a free no obligation, 15 minute phone call for all new referrals.
* Anxiety Assessment & Collaborative Management
* Addiction Management & Recovery Plan
* Depression Assessment & Collaborative Management
* Healthy Aging Programs
* Hormonal Rebalancing
* Mental Health & Wellness Management & Recovery Plans
* M.E./ Chronic Fatigue Management & Recovery Plans
* Sleep Management & Rebalancing Plans
* Stress Management & Recovery Plans
* Weight Management Programs
* EQ Related Health & Wellness Recovery Plans ~ Recovery Canterbury~ 10 years+ on, we are still receiving many EQ related enquiries and referrals. On-going Rebuilding Resilience is a focus of the Team at the Health & Awareness Centre. Learn strategies to assist in resolving chronic EQ -related Health issues e.g. Anxiety,Depression Insomnia.
- * Naturopathic Consultations:
- Initial Consultation: $120.00 ($104.35+GST): 50 minutes ~
- Follow up Appointments: $80.00: ($69.57+GST): 30 minutes~
- * Counselling Sessions:
- $120.00 ($104.35+ GST): 50 minutes ~
- * Psychological Therapy Consultations:
- $140.00: ($121.74 + GST)~ 60 minutes ~
- Phone Consultations and Zoom Consultations are offered, depending upon spaces available. *Please check with me
- Reduced fees may apply for Students,Those on WINZ Benefits, Superannuation *Please check with me
- Clinical Supervision & Mentoring: Reduced fees for NGO's & some other Providers *Please check with me
Mobile: 027 4354274: Txt message or please leave a voicemail message
* EFTPOS, Mastercard, Visa, Online bank transfer, Cash
* Private health insurance: check your policy re: cover for:
Registered Naturopath; Registered Nurse; Addictions Practitioner
N.D., Member of NMHNZ ; Member of Natural Health Practitioners New Zealand;
Registered Psychiatric Nurse, Registered Comprehensive Nurse, Member of New Zealand College of Primary Health Care Nurses-NZNO
Registered Addiction Practitioner: D.A.P.A.A.N.Z; Counsellor & Psychological Therapist: General and Addictions
B.A. ( Psych.Soc.)
A.N.Z.I.M. Southern New Zealand Institute of Management
Allergy Testing / Treatments, Children’s Health, Counselling, Flower Essences, Life Coaching, Mens Health, Naturopaths, Nutrition, Psychotherapy, Remedial Massage, Weight Loss, Womens Health